Old March 18th, 2012, 07:27 AM   #30
nickjpass
#squid

Name: nickypoo

Motorcycle(s): Track dedicated 2008 ZX6R

MOTM - Jul '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malicious Logic View Post
Sucks for you man. I agree that I thought you would've already ran it past your parents before getting your hopes up and doing all this planning.
Read the posts above. I already said they've known for a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drac View Post
Firstly let me say that kinda blows......but you are 16 and living at home. You have to respect their rules...all part of growing up.

Now let me comment on the above quote... I have taught more than a couple people to ride and learning to use the clutch and learning throttle control are secondary. The first thing every new rider has to learn, and the most important thing is how to use the brakes. More specifically the front brake. For learning to ride, a dirt bike is ideal. Everyone I have taught starts out on one of my MX bikes with me riding on the back. I get them going and we practice slow stops then semi-panic stops. If you don't know what to do when things start getting a little too fast(and they will) then you have no business knowing how to get going in the first place.

Anyway that's my opinion on the matter. Ride safe, ride smart, have fun.

(-----> drac is now huddled in the corner waiting for everyone to yell at him about how wrong he is<-----)
I'll take this as a tip I'll make sure I practice before I do anything extreme.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
I got my first ninjette 14 years ago when I was 17. It was a black 1998 EX250.

My dad and I went to pick it up, and my mom was absolutely furious. 14 years later, she still tells me how dangerous they are and to "be careful".

You'll eventually get one, dude. Just be patient.
Thank outlander. It means a lot coming from you! I love your videos.