View Single Post
Old March 19th, 2012, 11:41 AM   #10
DaBlue1
Long Time Rider

Name: Blue

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettypistol View Post
..., my bike was wrecked by my brother. He hit a deer. Massive body damage, radiator smashed, fan smashed, rear set torn off.

Which leads to me having to replace the radiator and the fan. Now i also had my carbs cleaned because it had sat for a good 2 months. Haven't had a valve adjustment yet but it may need one soon.

One of the first things I did was pull the plugs, no coolant was in there. I have spark on both. I thought it was my coiling but nope it's not.

About half a cup of coolant was in my oil when i drained it.

No wiring was loosened or even taken off, I simply decided to swap old parts with new ones and do a regular oil change and oil filter change.

Tried using the choke, nothing happened. Shut the choke off and still nothing. the motor turns but won't turn on.
Is it possible you may have some bad gas or not enough gas in the bowls? Your head may be warped from the wreck. Some torquing of the frame could have taken place, especially since you had fan and radiator damage. If it is still warped, it will be evident as soon as the bike is running again. The other possibility is a bad water pump or seal.
DaBlue1 is offline   Reply With Quote