View Single Post
Old March 23rd, 2012, 05:05 AM   #17
azwillnj
ninjette.org member

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

Last night I did the following on the bike:
  • Removed the petcock valve on the tank and checked it, opened it up and made sure the seal on the valve was fine and there were no debris inside... there was nothing wrong.
  • Replaced the spark plugs, NGK stock plugs. (the old ones were very burnt and black but the electrodes looked fine)
  • Changed the Oil and Oil Filter, Mobile1 10w-40 with a Fram filter.
  • Removed the carbs again and cleaned the hell out of them.. I took out the floats, diaphrams, mixing screws, pilot jets, and the main jets. I soaked the jets and the mixing screws in carb cleaner for 45 mins, blew the passageways out with compressed air, then carb cleaner, then compressed air again.. finally, carefully putting everything back together and cramming it back on the bike.
  • Last but not least, I filled a brand new 12A-A battery with acid and placed it on a trickle charger overnight.

I took pictures of the carbs and posted them online for your approval... http://imgur.com/a/PgTDC

I did not get a chance to test anything because the battery needed to charge overnight, I'll come back and post later with the results.

Alex.
azwillnj is offline   Reply With Quote