View Single Post
Old April 17th, 2009, 10:25 AM   #1
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2022 Honda Navi, 2018 Z-125 Pro

A Quick Little Integrated Turn Signal How-To (Dial Up Warning)

I ordered the full clear tail kit with integrated signals from a supplier. It
came in yesterday and I spent about an hour last night working on it. I figured that some of the people who are a little gun shy about doing this mod may wish to check it out.

This is prepping for the fender eliminator I plan on doing.

Before:

The Kit:

Disconnect the turn signals from the fender by removing this screw and the plate, then pulling out the inner plate. Then go back up to the wiring and remove the connectors that signal goes to. DO ONE AT A TIME to avoid confusing the wiring. Once disconnected, you can pull the wiring and the signal off:

Cut the wires (if required) and strip back some of the insulation for the butt connectors, install the socket into the housing. For some extra clearance, I removed the handle using a 12mm and 10mm socket. Here is a pic:

Reinstall the lamp:

Install the new clear cover:

You can see the extension I put on to reach the new socket. Just crimp down on the connectors and have some electrical tape handy to wrap around the connectors to keep some water out (that white connector is what came with that, I left it on for easy identification. It was cut and connected to the two hanging wires):

Don't sweat about what wire to connect to where. It is a DC circuit. Positive or negative does not matter here, the power will still flow through the bulb. Just make sure you are using the two wires that went to the original signal! So once you have it all connected, you can test it out and you should see this:

For a comparison, I took a picture of the old assembly flashing on the right side (FYI: just so you know, the camera told me about how much light was available by each signal. My shutter clicked like it was a datytime shot with the upgraded signal, but it stayed open for a bit with the old ones, a noticeable difference. That tells me the new signal locations puts out more light):

Now do the exact same thing to the other side:

I decided to leave the red cover on because I did not like having it all clear. So now you should now see this:

If anyone plans on doing this mod and wants to ask some questions, feel free to ask. I know I am not the only person who has done this, so if I don't answer, someone else can.

2022 Honda Navi && 2018 Z-125 Pro

Last futzed with by Apex; May 6th, 2009 at 04:32 PM.
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote