View Single Post
Old March 26th, 2012, 08:23 PM   #47
Reddoak
ninjette.org guru

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r - Traded for 2009 ER-6N

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post

I KNEW I should have taken a video of you on it today!

For everyone else who is currently in the dark, he drove from Orlando to Tampa today and drove my bike a whopping 200 feet
Let's put this in context, however...

I was working, and picking up equipment (in a company truck, on the clock) from a location just under 7 miles away... and I had a tire for caps. And I had no gear with me... So yeah, just a quick ride up and down his driveway. I'm not going for a 45 minute ride on your 200 hp deathcycle-14 all squid-ed up.

I would have gone over 15 MPH, but one of your neighbors was walking his dog, and the dog was already wigging out.

For what it's worth, Ninjette riders, at 10 MPH the ZX-14 is heavy, but well balanced enough that it felt very comfortable maneuvering around tight areas. Even for a 5'7" guy like me, the bike was low enough to easily handle, and the riding position, while a little less upright than a 250, was nowhere near as cramped as a ZX-6r. It's not really my style, but it's still a pretty nice bike. It would be a fun bike, but I would be more likely to climb onto my ER, just because it's more comfortable for the riding I do.