View Single Post
Old March 29th, 2012, 05:37 AM   #14
cbdallas
ninjette.org guru

Name: Charlie

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 650R

I very nearly bought the bike below ('08 SV650S) before deciding on my 650R. I loved the way it looked, drooled over the way it sounded (throaty, rumbling exhaust courtesy of Two Brothers) and really enjoyed all the low-end torque. I just wasn't comfortable on it due to my back issues. But for someone who enjoys this riding position (very reminiscent of a ZX6-R, in my opinion), this would be a fantastic commuter bike. No need to rev it much, as the power comes on really early - a characteristic of the perfect commuter & city bike. Of course, there's nothing wrong with a CBR / ZX6-R either....you can just ride it like the guys around here ride theirs.....riding at street speeds in the lower gears so they're always spinning 10,000 rpms. Speaking for myself, I prefer a bike that has the good looks of a sport bike, but doesn't require being kept boiling to make power for point & shoot riding. So...if you like this riding position, see if you can find a good used one of these and at least give it a test spin. Nothing wrong with having options!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Blue SV650S.jpg (137.6 KB, 4 views)
cbdallas is offline   Reply With Quote