View Single Post
Old March 30th, 2012, 10:20 AM   #11
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by road_rascal View Post
What cameras are you using? Looks good!
I have 2 GoPros (helmet cam and behind) and a Contour roam (speedo)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuong-nutz View Post
I switched to using the open back door on the go pro. Lately I have been having the echo/air'y sound when using the sealed back door on the case.

If you aim your top helmet camera correctly you'll be able to get your dash as well as the road ahead of you.

I would have one camera aimed to your 9 o' clock and have the second over your back seat.

I haven't had the chance to play with PD but I think the PiP is useful in some points of video instead of constantly on. Just my take on it. The PiP ability shines when you're there's other riders all around you in a race or a group ride.
I'm going to have 3 different sound feeds to choose from. I'm not sure which one was selected for this video but the contour roam is going to be in the least windy place (gas tank) so I will most likely use the audio from that. I've also done some tests before and I get really windy video with the gopro regardless of which back I'm using

I don't want to just capture the dash though I want legible speedo/tach numbers. One thing I really like about motorcycle videos is when I can see the speedo/tach clearly, which is why I want to incorporate it

So one camera forward, one left, and one behind

I want the speedo to always be in there, and I just think the rear view is cool, no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin2109 View Post
You ride like an asshole

But I like the 3 cameras
Thanks and thanks! I was actually trying to get some footage for a video I have planned but I botched the main camera Guess I'll have to go squid it up again

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsrTek View Post
I think the Pic in Pic should be both same size, and the one showing speedo be moved to far right.

PS- Think I heard a fork seal bust on that 2nd wheelie
So should I make the rear view smaller or the speedo bigger?

Oh noes mah sealsssssssssss

And did you guys see that dudes folding mirrors!? Too awesome
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote