Old April 4th, 2012, 05:27 PM   #29
ally99
Ninja chick

Name: Allyson

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300

MOTM - Dec '13, Feb '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
i dont know if i can agree with this. i used to agree, but not anymore. public roads are for transportation, not sport. you want to ride fast, go to a track. when people crash because of not riding safely on public roads
Look, trucks are FORCED to break the law on that road. They can NOT make those hairpin turns without taking up BOTH lanes and the opposite pull-offs some times leaving you nowhere to go to get out of the way. Just look at Killboy pics for proof. If you can't take a road legally, you are a danger to all. One does not have to be speeding to get hurt or worse coming across an 18-wheeler in a blind corner. This benefits everyone...moms in minivans, bikers, and even the truckers themselves. I don't know many truckers who would take that road a 2nd time after the incredible difficulties they face on it. By the end, they are sweating like pigs. That is NOT an easy road and certainly not one that should be open to vehicles that can not take it without endangering others. That includes squid bikers who can't stay in their own lane. There are many, many mountain roads where trucks are not allowed because there are safer alternative routes. This is one of them. Have you ever been on this stretch of 129 yourself?

Check out my Appalachian Trail journal, 2015!

Postwhores are COOL! ~Allyson
ally99 is offline   Reply With Quote