View Single Post
Old April 5th, 2012, 08:46 AM   #46
BlackNinja8
ninjette.org guru

Name: NJ

Motorcycle(s): 2011 250R (Sold); 2012 Vulcan 900; 2009 Harley Iron 883; 2004 SV650s; and a bunch of others over the years...

Icon Urban Tank Bag Didn't Hold up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNinja8 View Post
Here are some photos of the bag on my bike. Sorry it was already dark out when I got home from work. The bag is holding a 6 pack of bottles and a party size bag of Chips - You know, the bare essentials!

Looking at the photos it looks really large, but I am 5'7" 160lbs and it feels great on my tank. I can see over it by a good 6 inches and it doesn't touch my arms unless I tuck. Doesn't impede any movement and I've grown quite fond of having it full on my tank. After 2 evening rides I felt naked when trying to ride without it!
Wanted to update my reviews of this tankbag. As I suspected initially, the bag didn't hold up. After 3 weeks of commuting one of the magnets pieced the protective leather padding and scratched the hell out of my gas tank. Really disappointing because I loved the functionality of the bag. I've stuffed it full of groceries, clothes, my laptop, shoes, you name it. But the quality of the material is a bit lacking.

I'm out of the 30 day return period but I contacted Revzilla and they sent me a prepaid return slip and will initiate a warranty claim for me. Once it is approved they will either replace with the same bag or provide me a credit to use towards a new bag. THOSE GUYS ROCK!!!
BlackNinja8 is offline   Reply With Quote