View Single Post
Old April 5th, 2012, 10:11 AM   #3
BlackNinja8
ninjette.org guru

Name: NJ

Motorcycle(s): 2011 250R (Sold); 2012 Vulcan 900; 2009 Harley Iron 883; 2004 SV650s; and a bunch of others over the years...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sordino View Post
I am looking for a tank bag that I can also remove from my bike and use it as a backpack. I was looking at this FirstGear Laguna ( http://www.amazon.com/Firstgear-Lagu.../dp/B002KPJ25C ) but if anyone else has any experience/personal preference that would be great.
Icon Urban will surely be mentioned but I would caution against that choice. Functionally its a great option. I used it for commuting holding my laptop. Shoes, slacks, wallet. And phone, etc. Ive also stuffed it full of groceries, my gear, and many other things. I love the size and back pack features.

BUT recently it picked up a paperclip on one of the magnets which went to work on my gas tank for the 45 min ride home. This was definitely my fault but I think the 4 spread out contact points for the magnets make it difficult to CAREFULLY secure the bag with out one of the points snapping down on the tank. As you lower one point the others catch and they are too far apart to hold each one back and secure one at a time. Also difficult to remove carefully for the same reason. I think the bags with one large magnetic flap on each side would be better for this reason.

Also the material is rather thin and not very durable over the long haul. Ive had it for three weeks and it hasn't ripped or anything other than the magnetic point where the paper clip wastore through the leather protector leaving an exposed magnet.

Overall a good bag but take care not to make the mistake I made.
BlackNinja8 is offline   Reply With Quote