View Single Post
Old April 5th, 2012, 11:34 AM   #10
leed
ninjette.org sage

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): Time will tell

Quote:
Originally Posted by adouglas View Post
First off: Good for you for being ambitious and doing something you like.

I absolutely love the paint scheme but to be honest I'd leave the stickers off. This ain't Capirossi's or Bayliss' bike. Make it YOUR bike. Make YOUR statement.

I know I'll get flamed for this but... Gut reaction to a sticker-ed up 250 made to look like a Ducati:

"Seriously? Isn't that a bit like wads of tissue paper in the bra?"

Also reminds me of those kit cars from the 70s. You know, where you could take a Beetle and make it look like a supercar. It was still a freakin' Beetle, though.

A 250 can be really cool in its own right. Why pretend to make it something it's not? I could put a set of GSXR stickers on mine, but that won't make it a Suzuki supersport. (Picture it... silly, ain't it? How is this any different?)

If I saw that bike with just the paint job I'd give it a huge thumbs-up because it's striking and tasteful. Really beautiful, especially with the new wheels and gold treatment.

If I saw it with all the MotoGP wannabe junk I'd probably just laugh to myself, shake my head and walk away. What makes that Ducati awesome isn't the stickers. It's the BIKE. And as much as I love Ninjette's, they're not Ducatis. ESPECIALLY not Ducati MotoGP bikes.

But hey, if it floats your boat, more power to ya!
Although I understand where you're coming from, I think he just likes the design and art of the bike that happens to be a larger sized MotGP Ducati. It's just like buying helmet replicas. Respect for the "real thing (the driver, team, etc)" and appreciation for the creativity put into the original design.

Above that.. 250's are MotoGP bikes.. 2 stroke maybe, but 250 none the less.

Paint looks great! What kind of rims are those, though?
leed is offline   Reply With Quote