View Single Post
Old April 20th, 2009, 07:01 AM   #7
TrueFaith
ninjette.org sage

Name: Wayne

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Honda CBR250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Cowboy View Post
Scaping the footpeg is OK. Shiiiiting your pants when you do is not. Don't freak out if you drag a peg. They have feelers so you know you are doing it. Don't drag your boots (they cost to much). Don't get overly excited about dragging anything or you might get over confident and crash. Never slow down, unless you see flashing lights in front of you (or a topless girl in need of a ride). Never post on here that you are getting so fast in the mountains that things are dragging off your bike (your next post will be you crashed your bike). Always smile when you have your helmet on, no one can see your smile then, and you just had a wild time riding the coal country at speed.
I'm surprised by what you left out of that post, Tom. No mention of shifting your weight on the bike to keep it more upright in a deep turn? Wasn't that the first thing you told me I should have done when I found myself riding into that sea of gravel in a turn last year before lowsiding? For someone who uses their weight to adjust to curves on the bike like you do, I would have thought shifting your weight in a steep turn would be #1 on your advice list. Or don't you want other riders to know the secret of your riding finesse?
TrueFaith is offline   Reply With Quote