View Single Post
Old April 11th, 2012, 07:22 PM   #21
pilotgeorge747
ninjette.org guru

Name: George

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250r 03 Yamaha R6 (Project bike)

So turns out the dog is registered with the complex it's just not offically on her lease. However the owner has on the paperwork it is a "lab mix" although the manager agreed with the photo that I have that the dog is more pit/other aggressive looking dog that "lab". I believe they may be threatening her to remove the dog as she seems very pissed. I will make sure I voice my view of having such an aggesive acting dog in the community. You never know when it might strike another dog again or perhaps even a child and obviously the owner has no abilitly to control her dog.

Anyway after talking to her today she refuses to pay my dog's vet bill as her dog "also has a scratch on its head" and took it to the vet last night. She also contacted animal control as well (after I did) once she saw me talking to the police officer outside. She said she contacted her lawyer and said that dogs are property and since her dog has injuries too she isn't responbile for anything. She said she will pay my dog's vet bill only if I pay her's.

So now it's going to turn into a court case and such I will be contacting a lawyer tomorrow for a free consultation. However I was wondering that since in my county a small claims case in the amount of $100-500 costs $80 to file, am I able to add that cost to the amount I sue her for? Also what else could I try to collect? After attempting to resolve this in a friendly manner and collecting just the $200 vet bill I want to get anything I am obligated to since this woman thinks she's 100% innocent.

Here is a pic I just took of my dog just laying on the bed like he has been doing all day...
pilotgeorge747 is offline   Reply With Quote