View Single Post
Old April 15th, 2012, 07:29 PM   #2
Slono
ninjette.org guru

Name: Solon

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (sold), 2007 SV650s (deer wrecked), 2010 Suzuki SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueninja32 View Post
Hello my fellow riders. i recently just came aboard and bought a 2008 ninja 250r. The person I bought it from gave me a scorpion aftermarket muffler, but the pipe size for muffler is about 2 1/2. I think the stock pipe on the 250r is 1 3/8. Was wondering if i am able to still install the muffler with an adapter or just get rid of it. This might be a noob question but this is my first bike so please excuse me if it is a noob question. Hope to get a answer soon. Thank you
If the pipe doesn't fit on to the header, then you'll have to find an adapter or buy a new header that goes with the proprietary exhaust. It makes sense that the aftermarket muffler has a larger pipe diameter because many of them are designed to move more air & gas through them... the stock headers are small.

Did the seller give you any other hardware? I don't understand why he/she would sell you the bike with an aftermarket muffler that you'd have to source parts for in order to mount. Is the scorpion exhaust even designed for the ninja 250 or did he/she sell you one for a different motorcycle?
Slono is offline   Reply With Quote