View Single Post
Old April 16th, 2012, 03:39 PM   #14
gilmorec61
ninjette.org guru

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Quote:
That would be awesome. CEC didn't have a workshop when I had college classes there. Are you sure they're OK with you bringing in outside projects? If not, I'd be glad to give Taylor or his dad a little something for the trouble (you too, of course).

The main reason I want to keep it quiet is because I've always been hard-of-hearing and it has gotten notably worse commuting on the bike every day, so I need to keep the noise level down as much as possible to preserve what hearing I have left. That said, the undertail and hugger are mostly blocked by the exhaust when it's parked and leaned over, so I want to minimize the size and tone down the color. A little louder is fine because the wind at speed has always been much louder and that's the level I need to stay under.

Has Taylor made any mods to his 'zuki GSF500 yet?
Oh, you went there? Thats sweet! And ill give my teacher another talk, but im almost positive its okay, ill make sure tomorrow. And if he says no, ill talk to Taylors dad. And nahhh, you dont need to give me anything, you should already know i love doing this kind of stuff, so its cool

You know, you really need to come check out my bike before you go through with it, maybe take it on a few mile ride just to see the difference in sound. You may find that what i did isnt too loud, and we may be able to make one of mine for yours! Either way, its your choice

And only one, he chopped his rear fender off. I think hes actually going to sell it soon to get a car. He says he misses his stereo and everything, i dont blame him! But i think id still keep the bike :P

But yeah, just hit me up sometime and we can work on that can!

Quote:
...so basically, it would be the same performance and everything. Same dB level, same jetting, same pressure. interesting!
Well those are the intentions!
gilmorec61 is offline   Reply With Quote