View Single Post
Old April 19th, 2012, 05:47 AM   #98
n4mwd
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: D

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250R, 2007 EFI Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
Do you actually have numbers for this? I've not read about any Kawasaki dealers having trouble getting rid of any ninja 250's, and if they were, I would be interested in studies of people who recently purchased 250's exactly why they bought what they did.

not trying to be a dick. I just don't think this is accurate.
Its just basic economics. There is a finite number of 250 buyers. When the pie is sliced in half, the guy who used to have the whole pie now side gets fewer sales than before.

There is actually a third 250 out there, but I never hear about them so I don't think they are a significant player. Honda is.

Honda would do even better if they had two cylinders and better performance and fuel economy. Other than that, its a first rate bike and is a serious competitor to the Ninja 250.

For someone (that hadn't already decided to get a Ninja) in a showroom looking at the two side by side, the Honda actually stacks up better than then Ninja. The dash is more modern. It has EFI. It has a good overall look. And its cheaper. The Ninja's overall superior performance isn't something you can see in the showroom.