View Single Post
Old April 22nd, 2009, 01:41 AM   #6
hzrnbgy
ninjette.org member

Name: HzrnBgy

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Black Ninja 250R, 2004 Yellow Ninja 250R

Quote:
your set up looks different from this guys one. it seems like he used that center pipe section. is that the same kit as yours?

http://www.newninja.com/modification...ew-(picsvids)/

i don't know. just throwing out crap at this point. i have no idea. lol. but assuming that you and he have the same kit, his is a lot higher up above the tire than yours is. i gotta say that i like the height of yours better though.

edit: gotta say though... based on his videos, that is the best sounding exhaust i heard for the 250 yet.
it should be the same kit. the center pipe is just the heat shield but mine doesnt come with one (they must have forgotten it). I noticed it too that his is way higher than mine.

Quote:
when you installed the system, did you loosely fit all of it on there first or just start tightening from the front to the back and now you're finding out the back is off?

have you read the DIY for the area P quiet core I installed? I know they are different, but actually, it's all mounted the same way
the installation was quite terrible, i have to cut between the pipe to open it up as it will not fit initially on the header no matter how i push it. nonetheless, connection between header and muffler is perfect (end pipes are flushed with each other). i assume thats how its supposed to be. but then when i try to install the clamp/holder, the bolt centers wouldnt align. i tried rotating the muffler but that didnt help. i do notice that the guy from the other site setup is higher than mine.

as for now, only the clamp between pipe and header is preventing the pipe from slipping. i made sure its damn tight so as it will not fall off in the middle of nowhere. I checked it to on every stop light to make sure it didnt move.
hzrnbgy is offline   Reply With Quote