Thread: DIY- Oil Change
View Single Post
Old April 23rd, 2012, 04:39 PM   #445
Mr.E
That rider dude.

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2011 White Ninja 250 SE.

Attached are some pictures. The first is the screw and washer. Screw looks good. Is the washer supposed to be that crushed though? (that was the part facing the bold head). I found out that the washer is where the shavings came from.

The second pic is the female part. Unfortunately, the threads look better towards the back then the front, as you can see in the pic. But I'm not sure if that's normal or if it's not. Im praying for it is normal, and my only problem is the washer. :-\ Ideas, thoughts, suggestions?

Although, it does look a little like the female is stripped a bit. Im not sure how much though.

A friend suggested getting plumber (white tape) and putting it on the screw. How bad of an idea is that?

If my only resort is taking it to kawasaki, how much would it probably run me, or would it be under warrantee? I got the warrantee where even if the bike is modded and what not, it's still covered. Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg OilProblem2.jpg (38.3 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Oilproblem.jpg (39.8 KB, 16 views)
Mods: flushmount Led front binkers, diode mod, pazzo levers, clear tank pad, racing replica grips, bike monkeys integrated tal light, zx-2r vinyls, rearsets, red bar ends, and more red accented stuff.
Mr.E is offline   Reply With Quote