View Single Post
Old April 24th, 2012, 06:33 AM   #10
rainking
ninjette.org member

Name: Ted

Motorcycle(s): 2008 ZX10R & 2009 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNinja8 View Post
Welcome! I'd be interested in hearing more of your impressions on the 250 so far. You have the unique experience of first riding one after being used to a liter bike. Many people on this forum are curious if they should grab a bigger bike. What are your thoughts on the comparison...obvious differences aside?
The power. Especially in the lower power range. I can see how screwing up (i.e. too much throttle) on a 250 would be very unforgiving. The same screw up would put you on your ass on a liter bike. WOT on a liter bike never ceases to amaze me how a machine can be so powerful! The 10 is very low revving and is geared very tall, stock. 1st gear will do about 100 mph. That's about the top speed of the 250 yet, on the 10, you have 5 more gears to go. I've been riding long enough to know there's more to it then speed. I appreciate everything the 250 has to offer. I do however, understand the need to upgrade. I wish I was able to keep all my previous bikes. Each one of them had strong points over the other.

"Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight."
rainking is offline   Reply With Quote