Old April 24th, 2012, 10:09 AM   #1
Stamatos
ninjette.org member

Name: Derrick

Motorcycle(s): 2012 250 CLG

..new tricks

Hello all!
I'm the new proud owner of a 2012 in candy lime, pictured here;

About the bike: She is stock and yes, I already named her. I picked Kamakiri up for around $5K from the fine folks at Tracy Motorsports.
A little about me: I live in the Bay Area and have never had a drivers license even though I just turned 39. Never needed one and was told my vision wasn't good enough. Well I have always wanted to ride, always. I've ridden a bike my whole adult life and decided I wanted to know once and for all if it was possible to drive something a little faster. So I did a ton of research, visited my ophthalmologist and on my birthday, took the written tests. After a month long battle with the DMV, was issued my permit yesterday. The short story is that in the history of the DMV, nobody has ever wanted to get a solely class M license with less than perfect vision (gotta be BS) so without the ability to force me to take an in-car skills test, they didn't know what to do. Well, Driver Safety told them what to do after meeting me in person.
So before I get to learning on this thing, i'm doing the MSF course in San Jose next week.
I just wanted to pop in and introduce myself and say "thanks" for the couple of months I was able to lurk here and learn a lot. I look forward to contributing to the conversation.
Stamatos is offline   Reply With Quote