Old April 28th, 2012, 11:34 AM   #46
toobem
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Anthony

Motorcycle(s): TL1000R

Volar Warning!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
I just wanted to add that I had almost complete chain failure later that summer while this chain was still somewhat new. The roller links were cracked, missing and partially missing (C-shaped) and the partially-missing ones were taking bites out of my sprocket teeth. It may be due to this and it may be due to riding 130 miles with it being way too tight sometime in August.

Also, I ordered another and it now comes with a rivet link and has "Volar" stamped on several links. I'm still pretty sure they just paid a generic supplier to brand them because there is no way that they make gloves, chains, brake pads, and everything else under the sun. Even the product that the old link links to has been updated to reflect the new link. Also, it finally comes in a branded box but the box shows a clip-type master link!

Please, please, please do yourselves a favor and stay way away from Volar. Just rode 50mi with a NEW Volar chain, and it chewed up my back tire.

Issues started during install, when the master link rivet cracked apart while setting the rivet.......didn't even apply half the pressure used to set previous chains.

I compared tensile strength to that of an old DID link I had laying around. Volar claims over 10,200lbs, but the link cracked in half at a 20 degree bend......compared to the DID that bent at a 45 degree with no signs of breakage.

There is way too much lateral movement in this chain, and I'm now missing large chunks from the edge of the tire and sidewall. Now I not only need a new chain, but a new back tire.

VOLAR CHAIN IS LETHAL! There is no way this chain should be on the market, and I still haven't gotten any response from D2Moto (the seller). Steer clear, and get yourself a chain that's road worthy.

Good luck,
toobem
1998 TL1000R
1 liter Duc eater........
toobem is offline   Reply With Quote