View Single Post
Old May 3rd, 2012, 05:09 PM   #7
koenigcitizen
Russian Ninja :)

Name: Andrei

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Triumph Street Triple R, 2009 Yamaha FZ6, 2010 Kawi 250r (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by outasight20 View Post
good choice my friend! i ride an 05 myself. you will get better at shifting smoothly and once you do its unlikely youll ever encounter a bike more difficultto shift smoothly. i can shift mine smooth as butter after 3K miles. i recommend the fz1 bars also
Posted via Mobile Device
Nice! Thanks for the encouragement. I will be riding a lot of 2up with my fiance this summer, hence the reason for looking for an "upgrade" bike that is a little more capable 2up than little ninjette. So I am trying to make my shifts as smooth as possible, and there is a lot of jerking on this beast.

I rode back from the dealer, and hit a couple of my favorite back roads on it. Still not super comfortable shifting, especially downshifting with rev matching. It is such a second nature on ninjette, I dont even think about it when I blip. I keep overreving on FZ6 and it makes the bike lurch forward. I logged about 150 miles on this bike so far.

Gonna go back to the basics, I think. Gonna hit an empty parking lot, and spend a couple of hours doing MSF drills.