View Single Post
Old May 4th, 2012, 02:50 PM   #129
n4mwd
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: D

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250R, 2007 EFI Ninja 250R

Thanks Somchai for that link to the German ebay. I looked at it and will look at it some more. It is complicated by the fact that I don't speak German. I also have reasons to suspect that the US market will go EFI with the next model year, but I have to wait until October to find out if its true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by setasai View Post
@n4mwd Good point about the aluminum expansion. I guess we'll find out if it works out. Yea if you cut the battery box out, it does leave the front side open. The advantage is that you can remove the battery box and then shift the airbox portion backwards. I doubt the battery will move anywhere even though it's open. If you're concerned you could probably get away with a rubber strap or something.
In my experiments, if the alignment of the injectors was a few thousandths of an inch off, they would leak. That's why I went with a multi-part rail which allows for thermal expansion. So its going to depend on a lot of factors. I'm not promising they will leak, but its something to keep an eye on.

There is already a strap that wraps over the battery and there is a rubber boot that the battery sits in. I'm not crazy about the half box thing. It may be possible to locate a stand alone box to replace it with. I could also add some bolts between the battery box and the air box that way.

Its only 4 bolts to do it like it is, but two of them a re pitas.