View Single Post
Old May 6th, 2012, 01:40 PM   #176
edxmon
ninjette.org guru

Name: Ed

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250R (SOLD - 2/16/2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSean13 View Post
^^
Lol, when I was cutting mine off, I had a couple of those as well. Including when I was cutting near the metal bracket holding the turn signals & the circular cutting bit of the dremel cracked and flew off at very high speeds...kind of scared me.
Exactly because of that I lowered the RPM on my dremel to minimum and went as slow as I could, I did go half way down on a 1" cutting wheel. I also reused the license plate mount and had to cut part of it, so I HAD to bump up the RPM or wouldnt have cut through it. I was shooting sparks all over the place, I was scared to light the garage on fire XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_bwoy007 View Post
Lol. Figure I would just save the trouble from improper cuts and flying dremel by getting a Yoshi. My kit should be in tomorrow then I can ride in style. That stock fender is just so hideous!
At first I was scared to cut an OEM part, then I saw the price on the FE kits and became less afraid. With the money I saved I can either get the slip-on I want (DM Jisu), an integrated LED tail light, a CBR hugger or a seat cowl.

If I ever want to OEM fender again I can buy it from the dealer for $30.