Old May 6th, 2012, 02:24 PM   #6
Joule
ninjette.org member

Name: Tej

Motorcycle(s): Black 2011 Ninja 250R FI

I know that :P

Here's what i want to know.

Imagine ~

a single cylinder makes 2 revolutions per second. ( just imagine XD ) it's gonna obviously sound like a thumper. because exhaust gases will escape two times per second.

Now, our ninja 250r has two cylinders with one piston up and other down.
It's gonna sound much better than a thumper and exhaust gases will escape 4 times per second. because of two pistons NOT moving together.

Thirdly, r1 with crossplane crankshaft and uneven firing sequence is supposed to sound like a screamer because exhaust gases will escape 8 times with 2 revolutions of crankshaft per second ( remember not to act a geek because we are just assuming :P ) But as we all saw r1 sounds like a twin? duh ~? Almost same sound as ninja

Then comes cbr 1000 or any other inline 4 ( gixxer,hayabusa,ninja,etc )
They have two pistons upwards and 2 downwards. meaning two pistons move together. okay i just observed that 1 piston is fired at a time. that's 8 times exhaust gas escaping per 2 revolutions of crankshaft and they sound .. like a screamer? buzzing sound which i LOVE ~

and according to exhaust gases escape frequency, r1 should be making buzzing sound. not sound like a twin -...-

none of this **** makes sense LOL