View Single Post
Old May 7th, 2012, 12:33 PM   #16
koenigcitizen
Russian Ninja :)

Name: Andrei

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Triumph Street Triple R, 2009 Yamaha FZ6, 2010 Kawi 250r (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by outasight20 View Post
1. For slower manuevers, I find it easiest to be in 1st gear and feather the clutch. That is key though, because as you noticed if you don't use the clutch the bike will jerk more than a middle schooler hitting puberty.

2. When I upshift, a lot of the time I don't use the clutch. But when I do, I find it easiest to do the whole motion as quickly as possible. This doesn't let the revs drop much while the clutch is in and you end up with around the right rpm for the next gear. For downshifting, I usually use a combination of blipping and feathering the clutch out. I don't really have an exact method, rather I just do what I have gotten used to and it works for me.

3. Yup, the throttle is very jerky. Combine that with a fuel injected I4 and a suspension that has a little more sag than it should, and you get an uncomfortable lurching when you open the throttle in a turn. I have simply gotten used to opening the throttle as little as possible to reduce this. They also sell something called a G2 Throttle Tamer that is supposed to help a little. I don't think it's worth the money personally and I would just ride the bike and get used to it as it is. I love mine more and more the longer I have it. It's unique in that it's unlike every other super sport that I see squids riding around here, yet it is just as fast, if not faster from a stop. I've only seen one other FZ6 on the road in the 4 months I've owned mine.

You should join up on fz6-forum.com if you haven't already, great buncha guys over there. Also, a 17T front sprocket would help a lot with the jerky throttle as well as fixing your stock speedo error to under 1% (Stock is about 6-7%). I have a 15T front sprocket on mine because I wanted the extra acceleration in first gear. It makes the speedo error about 12% which is quite annoying, so I might actually switch to the 17T. We'll see...
Thanks for the response!
I know I should get better with experience. I do love the bike
I have been lurking on fz6-forum but have not registered yet. Do you have the same name on that forum as well?