View Single Post
Old May 8th, 2012, 04:00 PM   #12
Boomstick1491
ninjette.org member

Name: Carlos Spicy Wiener

Motorcycle(s): Too many

Quote:
Originally Posted by professor gascan View Post
I wear my one piece every time I throw a leg over the bike. My take on one piece vs. two is-
-I only use my bike for joyriding, I don't use my bike to commute so I'm not worried about carrying extra clothes or having to change
-My one piece fits and feels much better(two piece has the connection zipper and the overlap from the jacket to pants that can be annoying in a crouch. I've been on the bike for 3 hours straight and I only notice it when I stop for a minute or two to stretch out and have a smoke)
-Safer, as mentioned before a lot of two piece suits connect via the lining of the jacket and not leather to leather
-I'm never tempted to compromise safety by wearing just the jacket
-Lastly, about looking funny or weird, I could give a crap about what other people think. It's your skin not there's!!! Your skin is the largest organ your body has, and I'm gonna do my damnedest to protect it.

Peace, Adam
Thanks Adam, that's good feedback.

Regarding being conscious of how I look while riding, I was simply trying to avoid looking like a total squid (if that's the correct term) by wearing a suit made for the track while joyriding on weekends or taking a long trip on the bike. My concern being that I would look like a guy going sledding in a spandex GS ski suit. In other words, complete overkill and horribly unnecessary to the point of being comical.
Boomstick1491 is offline   Reply With Quote