Old May 8th, 2012, 08:42 PM   #8
Stingray1000
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): 2003 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
Re-take the MSF if it would help.

Take things slowly and really work on looking through your turns. Being respectful of your motorcycle is a good thing. Being afraid of it is not. Get out there and practice and get better, just be careful about it
He just took the course a couple of weeks ago.... AFTER the crash, anything he needed to learn I'm sure he already has.

Ok here's a story. Easter sunday I was riding to my girl's Aunt's house. I was on a stretch of highway that opened up on the right to some water. I was doing about 75 with no cars around me... the next thing I know a HUGE gust of wind hits me and the bike so hard it made the handlebars go left and right slightly.... I started to sweat but I kept control.. Assuming another one wouldn't possibly happen and it was probably me just not being in enough control.. so I tightened up..... Lowered down on the bike, kept the same speed and another one hit me just as hard.... And when I say hit me, the winds almost knocked the bike completely over TWICE, shook the handlebars as I was holding them. I got SOOOO scared. I started shaking.. I dropped the speed down to 50 mph and rode that way the rest of the ride.... 4 or 5 hours later when I went to ride it home I literally rode 45mph down the road because I was afraid to get hit by another gust. I felt like an idiot as cars and other bikes were passing me.... It rained for a bit after that so I didn't get a chance to ride for a while which was probably a good thing because every little gust that hit me on the way home scared the living **** out of me. Now I ride again and I kinda laugh at myself the way I was acting that night, but the morning wind was no joke. If I didn't have both hands on the grips I would've been pushed over easily or lost control somehow. You'll get over it bro. Just take it easy at first. give your MIND time to heal.
Stingray1000 is offline   Reply With Quote