Old May 10th, 2012, 08:15 AM   #20
robmilchling
ninjette.org guru

Name: Rob

Motorcycle(s): '09 Triumph Daytona 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMSRacer07 View Post
I own a 2003 Toyota Celica GTS.

the GT has the 1zz motor and the 00-02 burned oil real bad bc of the material the rings were made out of.

the GTS has the 2zz performance motor than doesnt burn oil.

If i were u and you were really looking for a celica the new generation look for a 03+. THey came with better options, better interior, lights, better transmission, etc. And no way he wants 5k for it lol. i probably couldnt get 5k for my car lol. If you look at my sig or click on my profile u can see my celica.

The acura rsx would probably be a better choice performance wise but economical the celica wins.
Came to say just this. To confirm, yes, the 1ZZ-FE (found in the GT) before '03 had some issues with burning oil in some vehicles, while the 2ZZ-GE (GTS) did not have such issues. The only thing I've seen the GTS have issues with is the clutch as, for some reason, many people burn them out well before 100k miles.

About the RSX, depending on where you live you may want to get an insurance quote on them before considering them. Being a Honda product, somewhat desired, and often modded/raced/crashed, they tend to have very high insurance.

As for the '01 GT with the '05 engine, how many miles are on the chassis? Even with the newer engine, I'd be hesitant to really spend over 5k or so on it. Any other information given on any other recent maintenance?
robmilchling is offline   Reply With Quote