Old May 15th, 2012, 10:13 AM   #23
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubojr1 View Post
If that mpg is achieved by someone with a new gen with full exhaust and no air box.... then I'm in. Will the setup work with a non-program BRT also?

Looks like the calculation I came up with filling up once per week currently, it would still take 3 years to recoup the investment. As of right now I have zero intent in ever selling this bike. Investment could very well be worth it.
That number is on a pre-gen with no airbox and a full exhaust. Not sure about the numbers with a newgen or compatibility with a BRT. You might be able to replicate those mpg numbers because typically newgens and pregens use the same jetting when they have the airbox removed and a full exhaust system. As far as I know, the ECU with the efi kit also has control over spark, so you could replicate the BRT with the efi kit. Not 100% sure on that. @setasai am I right here?

I have no interest in making my money back just making the bike into what I want it to be since I plan to keep it till the end. I want it to keep the fun, sporty, yet economical nature we all love, and I see this kit as a way to improve all those aspects at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassAnkles View Post
so this updated kit is ready to buy....but not ready for a group buy?

im lost, you can order it on his website with the new TBies

He wants to get everything perfected and get parts in stock before he does another GB. This is just an interest thread as a heads-up for when the next one happens. That way, we can just like the new GB thread (when it happens) in this thread, and we have interested buyers to make the new GB go faster. No one likes GB's that drag on for months looking for that last person to get the discount.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote