Thread: I crashed
View Single Post
Old April 26th, 2009, 10:26 PM   #15
Nickds7
ninjette.org guru

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r

Here are a few pictures. My gear is amazingly all in great shape.
More details on the fall...

I was taking a pretty good corner going about 45, I was following another bike from a distance, he probably took the corner at around 60 so he wasn't around to hear or see the accident.. I was making the corner and my rear felt a little loose, I corrected, it brought me a little too upright and inertia pushed me to the outside of the turn and off the road... if there was another few inches of street I would of been fine.

I believe it to of been from poor correction and somewhat target fixation. I have paid a ton of attention to not target fixating...but I think when I realized I was going off the road I taget fixated... I'm pretty sure target fixation wasn't the cause of the crash, but the improper correction. If I didn't prep to fall I would of probably ran into the side of the mountain instead of into the shoulder to do some somersaults.

No full side picture, for some reason it didn't save on my phone. Sorry.

I'd show pictures of my gear but it all just looks a little dirty. Thanks to astars for the s-octane gloves (held up amazingly) astars stunt jacket and scorpion xdr pants. The soft armor in the hips really helped as did the hard shoulder and elbow protection.
Nickds7 is offline   Reply With Quote