View Single Post
Old May 21st, 2012, 07:10 AM   #287
VT FIJI Graphix
ninjette.org member

Name: Lawrence

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantDecide View Post
Hi guys, I just moved to downtown JC from Boston. I have a 2007 250, and I consider myself a beginner. I try not to ride on the highway, so JC has me feeling a bit trapped, I haven't found a good way out into the open areas west of here yet. Any recommendations on that would be welcome.

Also, if anyone knows a good place to have work done on our bikes, that would be a big help.

I look forward to meeting up sometime!
Posted via Mobile Device
Welcome to Jersey! I'm in JC as well and just got my license about a month ago. I know exactly what you mean... there's no place around us w/o a ton of traffic. If I just want a quick ride, I'd do a few laps around Liberty State Park then a few rips down Caven Point Rd. If you want something more scenic, I'd suggest going up to the West New York/Edgewater region and take River Rd or JFK Blvd. Great views of the NYC skyline and you'll see a TON of bikers along the way. If you stop by the Starbucks at Edgewater Commons, you'll be sure to run into a few riders on their way up to Bear Mountain.

Also need to find a place to have work done on our bikes. I stopped by what should be 2nd Street Cycles (off Newark Ave) and I think they're closed- no signs outside and all their phones have been disconnected. I did, however, ask a local and he mentioned he saw a bunch of bikes inside the garage.

I need an oil change badly...

Last futzed with by VT FIJI Graphix; May 21st, 2012 at 04:00 PM.
VT FIJI Graphix is offline   Reply With Quote