View Single Post
Old May 21st, 2012, 03:07 PM   #31
erikonetime
ninjette.org member

Name: Erik

Motorcycle(s): 2004 Kawasaki Ninja

The compression on the engine is fine. The engine isn't the problem here. There is some problem with fuel delivery, and I know this for a fact.

I took apart the carbs again today and spent a good two hours cleaning them as good as possible. Used parts cleaner and soaked all of the jets, as well as carb cleaner to clean the body. Also used compressed air to make sure all of the lines on the carburetor were clear.

I think the problem I am having lies within the petcock/gas tank. I noticed if you disconnect all lines and put the petcock's position to "ON", a few drips come out. In the "RESERVE" it flows freely. "OFF" is off.
SOOO.....I took off the petcock and took it apart. All rubber seals/gaskets looked fine. I also used parts cleaner to clean the metal parts. The filters were not dirty.

I reassembled it, installed it in the tank, and now in all positions, no fuel comes out (unless vacuum is applied). I installed the tank on the bike, turn the petcock to "ON", and try to crank the bike for 30 second intervals, and failed to start. I have a clear in-line fuel filter and it is full of fuel. (It is not clogged, brand new). Something is going on here, and I don't know what it is.
erikonetime is offline   Reply With Quote