View Single Post
Old April 27th, 2009, 06:12 PM   #23
TnNinjaGirl
Ms. Personality

Name: CB

Motorcycle(s): Depends on the week you ask

If you make laws, they will be broken. I mean, if we didn't want drinking to be illegal we'd make the drinking age 3. It doesn't matter if the age is 20, 21 or 22 and 3 days. There will be 15 and 16 yr olds who drink.

I think there should be more education and not so many "scare tactics." My dad used to let me drive our Jeep Cherokee on public roads when we went to the mountains. I have been "legally" driving since I was 16. I have been "illegally" driving since I was 9. My dad taught me the fundamentals of driving at an early age. I have not had an accident where statiscally I should have had been in about 20. Most, if not all of my friends have been the direct cause of an accident. Most, if not all of them got their keys when they turned 16 and took off. Am I different, yes. Does experience help? Yes. I don't think we should start letting kids get drunk at 9, but I think that if we introduce them to the effects (in a positive way much like Europe) then the results would be less devastating.
TnNinjaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote