View Single Post
Old June 1st, 2012, 06:06 PM   #123
greenaero
Motorcycle Hypermiler

Name: Vic

Motorcycle(s): 1999 & 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 250R's

I started a new part-time job that involves a lot of travel so I hadn't done much with my bike for a while. I had a 2 week break from work so I decided I better get to work getting the bike ready for the next Vetter Challenge at Mid-Ohio during the AMA Vintage Days on 7/20/2012.

I'll be riding from the SF BAy Area with fellow competitor Alan Smith and we will meet up with another Vetter Challenger in Cheyenne WY, then proceed together to Mid-Ohio. It should be a lot of fun.

I worked on my bike the past couple of days fixing the rear brakes and installing a new front end. It is now " dustbin" styled. I made a frame out of sheet metal bands and Pvc slats that I bolted and riveted together. I covered the front end framework with coroplast, installed the turnsignals and reused my old coroplast windscreen. I took it for its first ride this morning. It seemed to pass through the air plenty well but was too flexible in strong winds in the area near the front wheel. I need to make it more rigid. I also need to test the effectiveness of a front cooling vent to ensure adequate coooling. Hopefully this will allow me to close the performance gap between me and some of the other Vetter Challengers.
greenaero is offline   Reply With Quote