View Single Post
Old June 7th, 2012, 02:25 PM   #25
Terminal
ninjette.org member

Name: Gene

Motorcycle(s): '02 EX-250, '03 EX-500

The Good News: Bike is back together sans fairings and it starts!

The Bad News: I cannot with any good conscience recommend anyone else who received the clear high pressure fuel line to use it on the output side of the fuel pump. I have re-seated the line twice, including clipping off the previously seated 1/2" of line, and have torqued the worm clamp to the point of fearing damage to the pump fitting. There is still a significant amount of fuel misting out around the hose onto the pump and pump mounting plate.

It's too late in the day to find a good hardware store to get some rubber fuel line to replace the pump -> fuel rail run but that is definitely the next step.

I managed to get the leak under control enough to give it a quick test start. Sounds like I may have a leaky exhaust header, but the kit's performance seems great so far. Started within 3-4 seconds of hitting the starter, reved well, and barely bogged a little when dropping back to idle. I expect everything to get smoother as the ECU learns.

Sorry for the short update, just wanted to give everyone a heads up on the fuel line issue as well as a general update on my progress.
Terminal is offline   Reply With Quote