Old June 7th, 2012, 02:57 PM   #93
Whiskey
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Morgan

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250, 2010 STR 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matz View Post
HE CALLED HIS CIBBER TOO!!!
Oh and baby blade was a nickname given to the CBR400R and the CBR250RR, works just as well though, might get some stick for it in front of the real blades though :P
Both were I4 screamers so were true baby blades, the 250RR made about 40bhp compared to the current gen's 27. The current one is a baby viffer more than anything & is only piggybacking on the name of the CBRs.
They may as well have called it a SP-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by etiainen View Post
Keep it on.

It does a great job. I can barely smell my exhaust on the CBR. The bike was designed to pass emissions all over the world. I believe the FI Ninja also passes emissions. Bike emissions in the US aren't as tough so the carb'ed Ninjette can still be sold, though the bike is jetted lean. The newgens still don't blast out as much noxious exhaust as the pregens though.
Yes it does
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamchops View Post
yenno, despite how much of an eyesore that stock exhaust is, i would probably keep it b/c iirc, that's where all that emission-scrubbing tech lays.
[(but don't quote me on it, i'm not really a tech-head (i wish...)]

after i got all into motorcycles, what was surprising and somewhat depressing for me to find out was the fact that despite being a sipper, more often than not, motorcycles release more pollutants into the air compared to cars.
No they don't (well higher volatile organic compounds, but overall lower total emissions) and filtering in traffic a bike will do the trip in ~1/3 the time (own experience), overall reducing total emissions & travel time for all road users.
Belgian study See P41 & have google translate set to dutch for the captions
Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote