View Single Post
Old June 10th, 2012, 01:02 PM   #13
sc37
ninjette.org member

Name: SC

Motorcycle(s): Currently: 2012 Honda NC700X; Previously: 2010 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by edxmon View Post
I'm kind of nervous about mine, I'm waitlisted for one on a weekened coming up and one next month during the week. I'm taking in through the Navy so it's free (GO Navy!) but I would also like to NOT miss 2 days of work, and yea the Navy BRC course is only 2 days, 6:30 am to 4:30pm.

I hope I get into the one coming up!
I wouldn't be too nervous about it, it's a good time actually. I learned a lot even despite reading and watching all sorts of stuff online. I had a few hundred miles under my belt before taking it. There were only a handful of pure noobs in my class, but they caught on quick and got into the flow (I was disappointed to not see any crashing...bikes were in outstanding shape which makes me think it doesn't happen as often as I might believe). If you passed the test for a permit, the written in the class is a breeze. My instructors hurried us through it all so we could spend more focus on the range. They noticed that most of us had some skills so they pushed us to go do the things at faster speeds and do it more precisely. It was a good challenge and practice. Met a lot of nice guys too, a few of which were military too.
sc37 is offline   Reply With Quote