Thread: newbie here
View Single Post
Old June 27th, 2012, 01:34 AM   #1
ponypowered92
ninjette.org member

Name: Charlie

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250

newbie here

Well I was surfing the fine internet we have for information on my new bike, and I stumbled upon this site. Needless to say I never thought there would be a forum basically devoted to a 250!

I just recently decided to get a loan and buy my first motorcycle. After looking around for MONTHS I went to a dealership here in town (Pittsburg, KS) to look at a ZR1 they had listed on Craigslist. While there I was explaining to the guy that I had ridden a few dirtbikes as a kid, and a Harley through a field once, but that was the only experience I had. I told him I wasn't sure about starting on a 1000cc bike for one, and two it was a beautiful bike. I'm sure in the first year i will lay it down at least once, and I didn't want that to be the bike I laid down. I look over and see a bright green Ninja with a couple cracks in the fairings. Before even asking or looking I pointed and said "I want that one." well after a week of paperwork and banks, I wound up paying $3,000 for a 2012 Ninja 250 with 700 miles. I was pretty stoked on the deal.

The first time I had ever ridden a sport bike was the day I rode it off the lot. I spent half an hour riding around the lot before I had the nerve to leave. That was 4 days ago and today I made the trip to the DMV and passed both the written and driving tests and got my motorcycle license. So I'm happy to find a place like this, as all I've got from my friends is crap for buying a 250.

I went this way because my other car is a 92 Mustang and I know how I drive it and I didn't want to start big and kill myself. So here I am.....
ponypowered92 is offline   Reply With Quote