View Single Post
Old June 27th, 2012, 05:39 AM   #3
jhunter
ninjette.org member

Name: Jonathan

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponypowered92 View Post
The first time I had ever ridden a sport bike was the day I rode it off the lot. I spent half an hour riding around the lot before I had the nerve to leave. That was 4 days ago and today I made the trip to the DMV and passed both the written and driving tests and got my motorcycle license.
lol Nice. I'm probably going to go do the MSF course and utilize the 90-day waiver to get my license. Seems easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponypowered92 View Post
So I'm happy to find a place like this, as all I've got from my friends is crap for buying a 250.

I went this way because my other car is a 92 Mustang and I know how I drive it and I didn't want to start big and kill myself. So here I am.....
I applaud you for this approach. I had the same thought process when I was looking for my bike. I got a banged up 250 because I knew was going to drop it at least once, which I have.lol

If all your bike has is busted up fairings, you can replace those for about $500 +/- when you're ready. $3k for a '12 is a pretty solid deal, if that's all that is needed. Down here in GA, you could probably flip that for a decent profit based on what I've seen.

Congrats on the bike, and welcome to the forum!
jhunter is offline   Reply With Quote