View Single Post
Old June 27th, 2012, 07:33 PM   #197
gt_turbo
ninjette.org sage

Name: L

Motorcycle(s): '09 250R, '13 CBR500R

Quote:
Originally Posted by ator View Post
Slightly different yes, but looking for a general consensus of where folks are setting theirs.

Kawasaki sets all of their stock setups the same, the PnP kit recommends 714 when using the converter. Was just hoping that a few folks come up with some numbers. Example: member a) set at 1822. member b) set at 1810 member c) set at 1860 and so on

I'm gonna set mine at 1822. Next chance I get I will have someone pace me at 30-65mph and see how accurate it is.
the most common setting is not always the best for your bike. each bike and each tire in this case is different. what's going to happen when your tire's wear down? the only way you're going to get an accurate speed reading all the time is by mounting a separate GPS device. however, i've heard these koso speedo's are much more accurate than the factory setup, but even then there's bound to be a small margin of error. if you want to see how accurate it is, just mount a GPS next to your dash. atleast then you'll have an idea of how much it is off
gt_turbo is offline   Reply With Quote