View Single Post
Old June 29th, 2012, 12:24 AM   #24
Ranor
ninjette.org member

Name: Ian

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R Pearl White EFI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
So I dropped my car off 1 week ago to get a smog check and oil change. It's also been making some odd noises when I steer so I asked my mechanic to find out what was causing the noise. When I called back today to find out if my car was finished (long ass wait for a smog check, oil change, and diagnosing a problem IMO) I find out the bill is over $700. They found a problem with the power steering and decided to make repairs without consulting. That kinda pissed me off... alot.

With my bike mechanic I've never had an issue like this. He has fixed things that I didn't ask him to before but he never charged me for it. If there ever was a different issue that needed to be fixed other than what I brought it in for he would call me and ask me if I wanted him to fix it and let me know what it would cost.

Am I retarded for thinking my car mechanic would do the same thing? Or is he just a huge money grubbing douche bag? And this is a guy I've been going to for years.

There's no doubt in my mind that there was a problem that needed to be fixed but I just can't believe that a mechanic would go and make unauthorized repairs. Oh and the quote that I signed states smog check, oil change, investigate noise from steering. It doesn't say anywhere, "oh and fix **** without calling the customer, he will pay for whatever is needed"
Pay the guy, use a different mechanic next time, also specify to the new mechanic that he should not carry out any unauthorized repairs before telling you. Yes the mechanic was a douche bag, I'd say not going there in the future and giving him a bad name would be enough to settle the score.
Ranor is offline   Reply With Quote