View Single Post
Old July 8th, 2012, 04:47 PM   #16
blackoutt
ninjette.org member

Name: Phil

Motorcycle(s): 08 R6, 08 250R

I had an '06 naked in Napoleon Blue. It was torquey and great for commuting around town, but lacked on the highway due to getting windblown, and lacked on the twisties (190lb rider w/ gear) due to the budget type non-fully adjustable suspension. I upgraded the rear shock with a brand new take off zx-14 shock, and the front is easily upgradable with different springs and emulators. They are reliable, cheap parts, and have a very nice forum similar to this one at svrider.com. They are also an extremely comfortable upright position (especially with the pro-taper bars I had on mine). I recently moved and now commute on the dead straight interstate 20 miles every morning, and also found some awesome twisty roads out here where I needed better suspension and brakes for my weight. At the point where I was contemplating a gsxr front end swap, for the difference in price of selling the SV at peak early summer and waiting for a steal on a 600 I opted to just go for a sport. I miss it every time I drive through town, or every time my ass gets sore on long R6 rides. Here's a picture for your enjoyment.

edit: Just a heads up at how much prices fluctuate, I bought mine with half the mods last august for $3300 in NY, 8k miles. A few mods and 2k miles later I sold if for $4500 late spring/early summer in IN. Hold out for a good deal on a lower mileage one.