View Single Post
Old July 11th, 2012, 10:03 AM   #8
piNNoy
ninjette.org newbie

Name: T

Motorcycle(s): 2006 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by xMoises831 View Post
ah dude im nervous to do it! I'm signing up tomorrow since i was to late to sign up today did they let all of you barrow the helmets? and any tips for the turns iv never had any experience on 2 wheels besides a bike and a pocket bike lol I'm especially nervous of the figure 8 .. ):
Noooo try not to be nervous and have fun! It's super fun and when I was nervous that's when I started messing up.
The place I picked, let you borrow every piece of gear you needed. It varies from place to place, call them, check the website to see what gear they provide
I can't really give tips on turns due to lack of experience but I think it has a lot to do with where you look
Ask any questions you have to your instructors and put the advice in affect!
For some tips; Check out: http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=13547

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman44 View Post
Congrats on passing. I'm scheduled to take the course on the 20th of this month. The only experience I have is with a 50cc moped when I was about 12, so I'm a bit nervous. Definitely looking forward to it though. =)
Thanks! The place I went to had a scooter (no shifting ahhh). Research and search youtube for videos on riding, it's way better if you have a heads up on how things work instead of just jumping in the shark pit!
Everyone is nervous and I think that affects your riding a lot, sometimes I had to tell myself just to have fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
/moved to riding skills
sorry for the wrong forum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycsteve View Post
No need to be nervous about the MSF. People fail because of one thing and that's being nervous. Guarantee that if you remove your fears from this, you'll do just fine.

First half of my 2nd day(3 day course)- I was nervous has heck at the beginning, wasn't fun and was an extreme waste of energy and focus. I was looking down most of the time which really hurts your learning and I had a lot of trouble just getting to neutral.

Second half- After lunch and me being really tough on myself, I composed myself and was determined to just have fun, after all that was why I was there anyway. I quickly started picking things up by just having fun and looking up!

The key word is fun. Heck I was probably the slowest one in the group because of my initial nervousness and lack of experience (never rode a motorcycle before and haven't ridden a bike in years, plus some people were there with experience on motorcycles and dirt bikes). By the time it came to the test, I scraped the rubber off of one of the pegs on the rebel 250!
This is great advice! Agreed 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptdoughnut View Post
how much does the msf cost in your areas?
I dunno if this varies but my area is $250 if your over 21 and $150 if under 21
piNNoy is offline   Reply With Quote