Old July 13th, 2012, 05:24 PM   #29
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDspd View Post
What ever, it was only taken around a track a few times and not pushed hard. He used this bike as a commuter for 2 years traveling to work and back. I've been around a lot of trackday bikes, and this is no race bike. The owner treats and maintains this bike very well and it shows.

He has also put a lot of work and money into this bike, the miles are relatively low too. Me being the buyer, I will make the determination if it has been raced or not in good condition.
being raced doesn't mean its in bad condition. racebikes are treated much better than street bikes and are typically in much better shape because of how well they are treated.

even if it was only "a few track days"... track means pushing it hard. you dont mosey around a track. i have no doubt he commuted on the bike also. but the fact remains- his advertisement was dishonest about whats been done to the bike.

you should check out some classified ads on race bike forums. you will be stunned by the quality of bike you can get for the price simply because racers know the value of a bike and wont try to gouge you