Old July 19th, 2012, 08:57 AM   #31
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by davenay67 View Post
Without putting the bike on a dyno and actually measuring and analysing the changes you are making, any changes to mixture or jetting is very subjective and without proof that it's doing any good.

Whilst not perfect (for a start they tune lean for emissions), I'm apt to go along with Kawasaki and the millions spent building these bikes. I for one don't think I know better than Big 'K'.
using a dyno and sniffer is only good when you want it PERFECT, which is dumb because as the weather changes, so does your jetting. That's $$$ out the window in my mind. Tuning the carbs on your own gets it 90% of the way at the expense of 3-5 mpg on a completely stock bike (think 60-62 instead of 64-65)and a smoother feeling bike without flat spots or hesitations. That's proof enough to me that it is worth your time to test whether a pair of $0.05 washers feels better because in the end isnt it al about if it feels right anyways? Sure it could be better if a dyno and sniffer are used, but that's not necessary unless you're racing and literally want perfection. Even then, sometimes a bike that looks great on the dyno sheet doesn't feel spot on. I'm not saying I know better than Kawasaki, but sport bikes tuned for economy suck.
Posted via Mobile Device
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote