View Single Post
Old July 21st, 2012, 02:39 PM   #208
JELY1990
Boring is my middle name.

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertkh100 View Post
and what would you recommend I do? Yield right of way in front of a green light with cars rear ending me? Also, I was way too close when she decided she was going to turn. I think she was distracted by something.
Didn't you say it was a yellow light before? And what you could do is not pass people when going through an intersection or other places where someone can turn in front of you. I don't pass people at intersections, but then again I am a really cautious person. And the getting rear ended bit, if you saw she was slowing down enough to turn then you should have been far enough back to where you could have started to slow down at a slow enough rate so the cars behind you could see you were slowing. It is unlikely that you would get rear ended unless you did an emergency stop at a green light. I mean this as constructive criticism so if there are details to what happened to you that would make my suggestions impossible please say so. Stay safe on whatever bike you end up getting man.