View Single Post
Old July 21st, 2012, 09:47 PM   #216
robertkh100
ninjette.org member

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250(Totaled), 2007 Yamaha R6(Sold), 2013 Ninja 300 Special Edition W/O ABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ally99 View Post
Again, lack of driving experience is hurting you here. First of all, if you insist on continuing to ride, check out Proficient Motorcycling by David Hough. GREAT book to give you savvy street strategies to get you out of situations like you mentioned. I've been on my 250 for over 3 years now, and I learn something new about it every time I track it. I'm nowhere near the limits of what this little bike can put out. I know it's not what you want to hear, but you'd fall in love with it all over again with more seat time. Be careful jumping into a bigger, faster machine at this point.
The thing about your accident is, if you consistently ride like you're invisible and ride like everyone is out to kill you, you would have already been on the brake as you neared the intersection and knew there was turning traffic in front of you and traffic behind you. You would have been watching her every move and been ready to act earlier than if you expected her to "yield your right of way". Yes, there is a right of way, but your major mistake is expecting others to adhere to it.
I always ride like I'm invisible. The thing about my crash is that she did not turn until I was very close. Too close to do anything about it, but she looked like she was not going to make the turn. If you really think it could have been avoided, tell me what you would have done. Again, it's not the bike that got me into that situation and no matter what bike I was on it was going to happen. I've read a lot online and I understand I did not ride the 250 to its limits, but the thing is I don't really want to or care to. The point is that I was bored of it, and since I ride only to school and back for 15 minutes I would rather have fun than try and ride my bike to its limits. Everyone is different and I feel like you guys are forcing me to make the decision that YOU would make. I realize how powerful SS bikes are so I will be careful, but what can happen in 3 turns(thats actually how many turns it takes to get to my school) and 15 minutes of riding in a straight line? Not to mention people start off with bikes bigger than 750cc. Atleast I had a 1000 miles on my bike, which is enough to learn the basics.