Old July 27th, 2012, 12:08 PM   #14
seanshawnS
ninjette.org member

Name: SHAWN

Motorcycle(s): Ninja250r(2012PR)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdavison View Post
Here's my opinion after riding one...

The Suspension is way to stiff for my tastes, and seems radically over sprung in the rear. Don't know if it can be fixed or not...probably take some work. And considering the way they mounted the rear suspension, its probably going to take a lot of work.

I absolutely despise it when they put those dirt bike handlebars on a sport bike, so right off the bat, there's the expense of throwing them in the trash where they belong, and ordering a set of clipons.

I swear they hard mounted the engine, because it shakes and vibrates like a fricken paint mixer.

Its quite clear they intended it to be a Harley alternative, because it has tons of torque for rapid take-offs, but lacks balls in the top end. Shakes like crazy, and has a banana seat for your ol' lady.

But what really kills it for me...is the price. I was seeing the 650 in showrooms right at or just under the last years ZX-6R in sticker...and that pretty much killed it off for me all together.
For practical use, I prefer low end torque to high end top speed. There are plenty of track bikes out there already. The point of the handlebars I assume is to provide comfortable ergos.
seanshawnS is offline   Reply With Quote