View Single Post
Old July 27th, 2012, 06:24 PM   #27
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
The 650 is comfortable and fantastic for a commuter. 2up is easy and doesn't affect the acceleration. The throttle is the only issue I had with the bike. It engine brakes rather hard and I'd describe the throttle as twitchy. It doesn't make a difference for touring or around town riding but in the twisties when you are trying to dial in and focus on your leans and lines the throttle becomes a nuisance. The throttle on any larger bike is going to require a lot more attention than the 250 so be prepared for that no matter what you pick, but I feel like the 650s throttle just is not refined enough for a dedicated twisty bike. That was the main reason I traded it in, the 250 just out classes the 650 in the twisties. Now, I'm the type of person that pushes myself and tests my limits. The 650 was perfectly fine when I was just cruising through the twisties but when I tried to ride aggressively with it, it just didn't suit me.

That was really my only issue with the 650, I loved everything else about it.
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote